“Food 4 Thought” is a collaboration between Boeckman Creek Elementary and Meridian Creek Middle Schools, Wilsonville Subaru, and Community of Hope focusing on addressing child hunger in our community. Participating students, who are food insecure, are given a weekend food pack discretely each week during the school year that provide simple and healthy meal items. The snacks and drinks are specifically selected to supplement that child’s available weekend food, and the menu is rotated so kids have some variety. We have around 40 kids participating in receiving food each week at an average cost of ~$8/bag.
If you would like to help, cash donations are most useful to help purchase menu items for each week.
To donate online, click HERE. Select “DF (designated fund) 321” to donate to the Food 4 Thought ministry.
If you prefer to donate food items, click HERE to download a list of items that are most needed at this time.
The facts below show our community has a need which we are motivated to help in filling:
- 15% of families / children in Wilsonville are food insecure
- Students who have access to regular and healthy meals:
- achieve 17.5% higher scores on standardized math tests
- attend 1.5 more days of school per year
- and are 20% more likely to graduate from high school